Friday, March 30, 2012

Hush, Hush. [thought I heard you callin' my name.]

I started reading a new book yesterday, HUSH, HUSH by Becca Fitzpatrick. Below is the synopsis of the book from the author's webpage. I bought this from Half Price Books on some random visit there because the cover looked cool lawl. Probably not the best way to choose a book, but whatever, I do it often and more often than not it turns out well.  [I will refrain from going off on how STUPID Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter was. Eeesh!] From the minute I started reading it I was drawn in. I love her writing style and cannot wait to see what happens next.

"For Nora Grey, romance was not part of the plan. She's never been particularly attracted to the boys at her school, no matter how much her best friend, Vee, pushes them at her. Not until Patch came along. With his easy smile and eyes that seem to see inside her, Nora is drawn to him against her better judgment.
But after a series of terrifying encounters, Nora's not sure who to trust. Patch seems to be everywhere she is, and to know more about her than her closest friends. She can't decide whether she should fall into his arms or run and hide. And when she tries to seek some answers, she finds herself near a truth that is way more unsettling than anything Patch makes her feel.
For Nora is right in the middle of an ancient battle between the immortal and those that have fallen - and, when it comes to choosing sides, the wrong choice will cost her life."
 [Source.]

Someday, I might grow out of reading the genre of book that I read, but I doubt it. I have thought about it before, about how I should probably be reading books that are all deep and meaningful. I just don't have it in me. I like to escape in a book, and having to over think every little thing I read, wouldn't be much escape because I over think EVERYTHING all the time anyway. I feel the same way about tattoos though. I don't like deep meaningful tattoos that are full of a story. I get what I like and that makes me happy. [Well, some of them don't make me happy. Some of them I'd like to go back in time and fucking smack myself for even remotely considering, but such is life.]

Currently, there are 5 little kids upstairs running rampant. They are being good though. Just playing and having fun. I will admit it, honestly, I don't know how women with a shitload of spawn do it. My two -- drive me insane. I love them and I couldn't live with out them...but HOLY SHIT do they drive me insane. The paths of destruction that they leave EVERYWHERE that they go make it look they have a pet tornado on a rope that they drag around behind them. [It probably has a name and can do tricks.] It is mostly the girl spawn though, not the boy. The boy just likes to throw tantrums and see just how far he can push you.  But they are kids and that is what they do.

1 comment:

Twinkle said...

lmao at pet tornado!