Thursday, April 26, 2012

/wo0t!!


I have plans for Hobby Lobby today. They have 50% off of all wood and metal accents. wo0t! Also, if it isn't over doing it, I am going to head over to a thrift store that I haven't ever been to.



Yesterday I had the foot doctor appointment. He diagnosed my foot woes as Plantar Fasciitis.
Plantar fasciitis (PF) is a painful inflammatory process of the plantar fascia, the connective tissue on the sole (bottom surface) of the foot. It is often caused by overuse of the plantar fascia or arch tendon of the foot. It is a very common condition and can be difficult to treat if not looked after properly. Another common term for the affliction is "policeman's heel".[1]
Let me just say, I wanted to kill a man. He gave me the choice between a cortisone shot or a prescription for cortisone. I opted for the shot because it would act faster. I wasn't thrilled about the shot, I never am. For having all of these piercings, [and for having had about 21 piercings at one time point or another in my life] and tattoos, I HATE SHOTS. I get shit like -- "You have all those piercings, its the same a shot."...HELL NO IT ISN'T. lol. But anyways, he proceeded to put on the stuff that is supposed to numb it, which didn't work. And HO LE CHIT! That is the most intense pain I have ever felt. I almost threw up on him AND I yelled a string of obscenities that I later apologized for. I am sure he hears worse than what came his way from me, what with him torturing people with foot needles all day, but I still felt like I should apologize. lol He gave me directions to stretch my foot every morning 3 or 4 times before getting out of bed with a resistance band, to roll my foot with cold [Freeze a water bottle, put something between my foot and bottle, and just roll my foot on it while watching tv or on the computer/etc.] 2 or 3 times a day, and a list of stretches I need to be doing. Also a prescription for Celebrex, which is making me nauseous. I don't know why I listed all of that shit, I guess I felt like oversharing this morning. /shrug.

BUT! I woke up this morning and did my stretches and my foot is feeling a million times better. I literally had zero pain when I got out of the bed, and for the past 2 or 3 weeks, I have wanted to cry when doing so.



No comments: