Friday, June 8, 2012

My head smells like foot scrub.

My hair has gotten extremely more thin over the past few years.

Apparently, it is very noticeable. 

I haven't ever had REALLY thick hair, it just plays that way -- it used to give the illusion of awesome. I don't know what happened. It could be because of stress [had a pretty intense 2 years before I met Matt], my diet [I went on some crazy eating, or lack of eating, diet a year and a half ago where I lost 60 pounds and eliminated all meat but poultry (occasionally I would eat another kind of meat, but I can only recollect about 3 or 4 times). It was stupid considering I gained a significant amount of that weight back. I only ate about 800 calories a day, less if I could get away with it.], insane amounts of hair dye [I love color in my hair, especially hot pink and black.], or quite possibly that my body wants to be the biggest of assholes and I am destined to be bald.

So, I talked to a doctor friend and she suggested that I try Nioxin Hair Treatment, Biotin Vitamin, and Hair, Skin, & Nails Vitamin. 

Nioxin Hair Treatment 4 (for noticeably thinning hair! lol)- A M G! It smells like something you would scrub your feet with. Apparently, it is supposed to smell like Mint. I can smell that -- Mint infused chemical barfy-ness. It makes my head tingle, even after I am out of the shower. Hopefully it works, because there has to be some perk to smelling like a foot.

Biotin Vitamin - Not much to say about this really. Its a white capsule that is easy to swallow that I only have to take once a day. Right on!

Hair, Skin, & Nails Vitamin - However, this vitamin, /grumble. I have to take it 3 times a day. Its a big, thick tablet that reminds me of vomit. It smells like baby food though so that isn't terrible. 


I know that it may be a little insane, but while standing there letting the stuff soak into my skull for 1 to 3 minutes like the bottle told me to, I was wondering if the little bit that was streaking down my forehead and my eyebrows and face was going to make me turn into a furry unibrowed beast. I guess furry is better than balding though. Maybe?

I get to go to the store later and buy a pill container and seperate all the vitamins I have to take all organized or I will forget to take them. Good thing they are just vitamins and not contraception. 

No comments: