Sunday, July 15, 2012

Oh Em Gee.

Interesting fact -- THIS IS MY 100th Post! Not that anyone REALLY cares. ahah.

Le Cordon Bleu offers a program called MasterChef Cooking Series and our instructor needed a few volunteers to help out in his class. I decided to help out -- HOLY CRAP it was exhausting! lol. BUT, it was also very informative, fun and an experience I am glad I got to partake in. The class consisted of 18 people in groups of two and they made a bunch of things from scratch -- Marshmallows [really neat to see how they were made.], Meringue cookies [apparently they are an italian cookie called a Lady Kiss, they didn't look very appetizing but they were cool none-the-less.], Graham crackers [from scratch? what?!], Oatmeal Raisin cookies [my least favorite cookie of all time!], and Peanut Brittle [I have made that before so it was less fascinating than the others ahah.] It was  A LOT of running around all crazy, helping people, getting this or that, and by the end of it...my poor feet [thank you plantar fasciitis /glare] were deadzors. I was also going on little sleep. Maybe, JUST MAYBE, I can get on a normal schedule sometime this century? 

So, I complain every day to Matt about school. But, I really do love it. Food Safety and Sanitation is a real drag, and is completely making me reconsider eating out ahah [Considering that most of these food borne illnesses are from fecal matter...just thinking about how that fecal matter gets into food..makes me want to yack. /shiver.] Foundations 1 though, is awesome. I really like learning how a menu item gets its price, different things about the kitchen, knife cuts, etc. I REALLLLLY cannot wait for baking, but for now, this works. And...I am REALLY doing this. Which is just badass all in itself.


2 comments:

NeaCakes said...

woot to you doing what you have wanted!!!! Im proud of you. But now I will go vomit because you said fecal matter and food in the same sentence. And even moreso was the word between them called in. BARF

PHunkyPuHnk said...

I tried to make marshmallows once. Not tried,, I did but they were awful. I'm so awful at making candies of any sort though and any time I heat sugar I inevtably burn myself with it. Though this week I'm doing an impressive job of burning sweet popcorn repetedly.

I look forward to reading more about classes. For awhile in high school I really wanted to go to the CIA but that dream kind of got squashed. Baking would definitely be my favorite part too.

Good luck on setting up the schedule!