Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Thoughts.

School is making me feel a bit....stupid? I don't know if that is the right word or not. I feel like my brain doesn't have the capacity for learning ANYTHING. It is like the part of my brain that is supposed to be solving all of these math problems I have to do is sitting there eating fucking cheetos saying NU UH! DON'T WANNA and sticking its tongue out at me. The bastard.  I never really liked Math and that is proving to still be the case.

 It is pretty frustrating honestly.  

I did really well in school [I was mostly a straight A student up until my senior year(haha, I don't want to talk about it.) There was an occasional B tossed in there but eh, whaddyagonnado?] I guess I really just need to get back into the hang of things considering I haven't been in school since 1998.  Oh well, enough complaining.

We had a career advisor come into class today. He mentioned a book, "The French Laundry Cookbook", that we should be reading so we went to Half Price Books with no luck. I am going to go check it out at Barnes & Noble tomorrow. I did get a REALLY cool Cupcake and Muffin cookbook and two other books that I am going to read. Yes, you can laugh at the 2nd one pictured. :] 

Becoming a Chef by Andrew Dorenburg and Karen Page
(apparently there is an updated version of this from 2003.)
[Source.]

The Complete Idiot's Guide to Success as a Chef by Leslie Bilderback, CMB



No comments: